Comments

Your comments, suggestions, and questions about eQibla are warmly welcomed. You can either post your comments here in this page, or send them directly to eqibla.com.

1. Ali
    February 7th, 2009 at 16:47 | #1

That’s a great tool.

2. Mojtaba
    February 9th, 2009 at 16:48 | #2

Jazaka Allah (s.v.t) Khairaa.

Thanks

3. Ahmed
    February 16th, 2009 at 01:51 | #3

Wonderful and very useful tool. May Allah bless you for providing this to all Muslims.

Thanks

4. Tom
    February 22nd, 2009 at 23:35 | #4

Would it be possible to add a magnetic Qibla Direction indicator?

5. Tom
    February 23rd, 2009 at 13:14 | #5

http://www.magnetic-declination.com/ has a SOAP api available. (you need to contact the webmaster). Maybe this could be used as a data source.

6. February 24th, 2009 at 09:33 | #6

@Tom
    Nice suggestion. However, please be advised that magnetic compasses are not reliable for detecting exact qibla direction, mainly due to constant changes in Earth’s magnetic field. You can use a GPS or a Map-based tool like eQibla instead.

7. EA
    April 29th, 2009 at 14:32 | #7

Asalamu Aleykum Warahmatoellahi Wabarakatoeh,

Barakallahu to you all,
    Could the Prayer Times be somehow integrated in the same elegant way into your website (with the same quality of documentation)?

Waaleykum Salaam Warahamatoellahi Wabarakatoeh.

8. Amr Shady
    April 30th, 2009 at 14:50 | #8

Jazak Allah Kheir.

It is a great great tool

9. Sadiq
    May 12th, 2009 at 22:25 | #9

Thanks so much for this great website. I am an architecture living in an Islamic country, and your website has helped me a lot, as I am now able to easily find qibla direction before starting to design a new building. Thanks a lot!

10. August 5th, 2009 at 12:25 | #10

Amazing dispatch i must say that was worth reading

11. August 25th, 2009 at 02:34 | #11

That’s a good program, Thank you so much

12. TA
    October 19th, 2009 at 06:20 | #12

Your iPhone app is very useful and thanks for providing free or charge. As a user of the iPhone 3Gs I am eagerly awaiting the release of the update which uses the phone’s built in compass. Any news when this is available?

13. October 19th, 2009 at 08:25 | #13

Salamalaikum brother TA

Inshallah we will release the next version asap it’s already built and under test, the submission should make it .. test days + 14 days

Regards

14. Tanvir
    November 3rd, 2009 at 04:56 | #14

Your qibla direction software shows the wrong direction from Tokyo, Japan. Instead of pointing to Saudi Arabia it points to Russia. It can be clearly seen if you zoom out the map. Not sure if anyone has noted this from any other location.

15. December 3rd, 2009 at 22:11 | #15

Salaam Alaikum Br. Tanvir,

The correct qibla direction in Tokyo is towards NW. The reason is explained here: http://eqibla.com/docs/. You can use the interactive map at the end of the page to see the two different interpretations of qibla direction for your location.

Hope it helps.

16. nazim
    December 7th, 2009 at 19:57 | #16

asalaam, i wanted to know if you are planning on releasing the qibla direction app for the palm pre. Many thanks…

17. December 7th, 2009 at 22:07 | #17

@nazim

No short plan for palm at the moment.. maybe some time in future.

18. nazim
    December 8th, 2009 at 00:54 | #18

asalaam i hope you guys release something for the palm pre soon, at the moment there is only two islamic app ”the holy quran” and good muslim which is a prayer time table they all started of as homebrew, i saw the qibla direction app on my mates iphone and thought the app was fantastic. Just remember us Pre users :) , many thanks for the reply.

19. masood
    December 17th, 2009 at 10:32 | #19

That’s a great tool.

20. Ahmed
    December 21st, 2009 at 15:42 | #20

Allahu-Akbar! May you be granted jannath for your incredible work :-) the iPhone app is absolutely staggeringly fast! It’s just mind blowing how quickly it finds location and displays Hybrid satmap. Much faster than even the normal google maps! Amazing app

21. suaada
    December 22nd, 2009 at 07:57 | #21

awsome app by an awsome person :)

22. mohammad hanif ghani
    January 12th, 2010 at 15:47 | #22

JAZAKALLAH

23. Alireza
    January 21st, 2010 at 14:22 | #23

Dear Hamid,
    Please update the iphone App to accommodate the compass function.
    –Alireza

24. January 21st, 2010 at 21:29 | #24

Salam Alireza,

Inshallah, the app is in its final stages of the release, we are sorry for the delay. You will see the update shortly.

25. Mohammad Izharul Haque Mikrani
    February 3rd, 2010 at 08:16 | #25

Dear Brother, It is indeed a great job. Allah will grant you ajre azeem

26. Shahid
    February 25th, 2010 at 12:43 | #26

Asalamu Alaikum,

By far the best iPhone app for prayer times / qibla. Quick suggestions:

* Give an option in settings to bypass the splash screen, and allow for us to go straight into the prayer times.

* Highlight the next prayer time in the prayers list, instead of just listing it in small font at the bottom.

All in all an excellent app that I use multiple times a day.

27. February 25th, 2010 at 21:40 | #27

Walekum Salam Shahid,

iPhone would take time to load the application regardless of the splash screen, so it doesn’t really make a difference if we have a splash screen.

Inshallah, in future when the UI is redesigned, I will keep the countdown timer suggestion in mind.

28. husain kazmi
    February 27th, 2010 at 00:38 | #28

Amazing app.Please make it available for phones using the Android system.
    Thanks.

29. February 28th, 2010 at 18:59 | #29

Salam husain

Inshallah I’m planning to when the Nexus One is released in Australia

30. adil
    March 15th, 2010 at 07:39 | #30

Salaam,
    Jazakallah for this magnificient tool to utilise. It is extremely helpful, especially with me travelling alot.

If it is possible, please design one for windows mobile (above 6.1) as alot of brother I know (including my self) can use this on the go. If also possible, create prayer timings in each region with the option of madhabs to choose from (option of update will be bonus).

Jazakallah, once again. The reward of this is unrecordable as it creates numerous number of times to be used throughout the whole world.

Kind Regards,

Adil

31. March 28th, 2010 at 06:01 | #31

Jazakum Allah (s.v.t) Khairaa.

Is there some way to collaborate on these projects?

Thanks

32. April 8th, 2010 at 03:29 | #32

This is simply a great tool for muslims to find Qibla. Thanks a lot for building such a wonderful tool.

Kind regards,
    Tajuddin, Australia

33. khota
    May 2nd, 2010 at 16:13 | #33

Salaam,
    Great job. One correction though, 54 degree North means 54 degree eastwards from North and not westwards from North, as suggested in the FAQ section

Jazak Allah

34. Alireza
    May 13th, 2010 at 12:07 | #34

The new iphone update (may 2010) freezes the compass. Please fix.
    Jazakumullah Khaira

35. iftikhar khan
    May 15th, 2010 at 20:26 | #35

assalamualaikum
    i just updated to the latest release and after that the compass stopped working. hope you will take a look of it and fix the bug.
    jazak allah

36. Fazil
    May 19th, 2010 at 07:57 | #36

I am verifying the direction from 18 Lobelia Street, Lenasia, JNB; ZA.

My instinct tells me it is wrong on this site. Can you help?

37. May 21st, 2010 at 17:04 | #37

Alhamdulillah, nice tool. May Allah bless you all. jazak Allah

38. samad
    July 12th, 2010 at 04:47 | #38

god bless you

39. Ejaazi
    July 14th, 2010 at 22:50 | #39

Keeps telling me I need to connect to the internet in order to get my location and I am already connected to the internet. Also, will not let me change the GMT.

40. yao
    July 20th, 2010 at 19:21 | #40

very good application. pity it’s missing the alarm beep sound

41. yao
    July 20th, 2010 at 22:47 | #41

very good application. pity it’s missing the athan alarm beep sound

42. Shehzad
    August 12th, 2010 at 19:31 | #42

Salam. I used blackberry almost for last 5 years and in there was also a program called azan. In that there was something very interesting. That there was also another notified before the azan however minutes before you want to set. I request to add that into ur version because it would benefit in ramadan. Let’s say u want to set up notification 45 minted before fajr so it will change accordingly. If I set alarm so u would have to change time every might. Thanks

43. August 12th, 2010 at 21:26 | #43

Salam
    This feature has been included in the next release of alQibla. Inshallah it will appear on app store in a week.
    Thanks

44. Shehzad
    August 17th, 2010 at 00:00 | #44

Salam Ali, I like to request one more feature which will benefit this program in great deal, I work monday tuesday and thursday in which i like to have notification on system sound for Zuhr, Asar, and Magrib, because i dont want AZAN sound on those working days at my work. now i am off on the days wednesday and all weekend, so i can use azan sound all day. rightnow in current version, either azan or system sound, but you cant customize it by days. If would be awesome if we can customize it by days too, lot of people will benefit from that, i am sure it would be difficult to do, but it can be done inshallah

45. Ali
    August 18th, 2010 at 10:49 | #45

ws Shezad

Inshallah I’ll keep this in mind. If it works out I’ll plan for it.

Thanks

46. Shehzad
    August 21st, 2010 at 23:55 | #46

Is alQibla in works for android people, anyone working on it?

47. August 23rd, 2010 at 15:35 | #47

Inshallah

48. Faizal
    September 1st, 2010 at 04:51 | #48

As-salaamu Alaikum!

Jaza-kallah for contributing to this worthy cause.
    The direction from Auckland points towards almost east (9 degrees or so below east). However, after zooming out, the direction takes a curve after Perth and then points rightly towards Qiblah. Do I assume that this change in direction is due to the curvature of the earth??

Faizal.

49. September 4th, 2010 at 07:30 | #49

I installed aQibla on my iphone OS 4.0.2 but it is hanging when operated. I tried to reinstall but had the same problem. Even when it was uninstalled I was getting the prayers notifications! Please send me how can I solve this proble

50. Taner serbes
    September 13th, 2010 at 11:27 | #50

The IPhone application of this site keeps me sending sms massages, even after deleting it. It is like à virus. How can it be stopper? Please help

Comment pages