Comments

Your comments, suggestions, and questions about eQibla are warmly welcomed. You can either post your comments here in this page, or send them directly to eqibla.com.

1. yousif
    November 25th, 2010 at 13:36 | #1

dear sir
    would you please help me to turn the notification status to be active
    in my iphone 3gs the notification status is not active
    with my great thanks to your help

2. İbrahim GÜNSÜR
    November 29th, 2010 at 05:11 | #2

Dear Sirs,

Could you stop the masseges .
    Thank you.

3. Yousef
    November 30th, 2010 at 07:27 | #3

Hello,

I’m requesting you to add these features:

1. When setting my iPhone to “silent mode”, the alarm doesn’t go on. Is it possible to add an option to make the alarm rings even if your iPhone is on silent mode?

- Alarm works even screen is locked or iPhone/iPod touch is in silent mode

2. Can you add an option to make your iPhone do “constant vibrates” and not only once, till the azan/alarm goes off or till you shut it off.

These features are really important for me, because I do set my iPhone to silent and then it wouldn’t wake me up for Fajr prayer. Also, I’m sure that everyone would love the constant vibrates because it would wake them up much easier during Fajr.

Regards,

4. Sener Gultekin
    December 9th, 2010 at 12:31 | #4

Hello,

Even I delete the application on my iPhone 4, still geting notification. Duringthe phone conversation it blocks the call. Please help to solve the problem. I do not want to get notifications anymore.
    Please advise
    Thank you.

5. Khalid Fituri
    January 7th, 2011 at 13:00 | #5

Dear Brother,

I would first like to congratulate you in a job well done. I have two suggestion I would love to see in your program, and I think will add a great value to it.

1. Add the ability to switch the mobile sound to vibrate mode or off during the prayers with the ability to automatically switching it back on after certain time & duration for every prayer alone. For example I would be able to set the iqama time to 10 minutes for Dohar prayer and prayer duration set to 20 minutes. In that case the phone will automatically switch to vibrate mode after 10 minutes of Duher Athan, and then automatically switch back after 20 of Iqama time.

2. It will be nice if the phone get automatically set to vibrate mode at Friday Atahn, and stay in that mode for certain duration set by the user

6. Mustafa
    January 14th, 2011 at 12:30 | #6

Assalam brother,

May Allah (swt) reward you for this quality application and also for providing it free. I was wondering if you have any intention to port it to android platform.

7. Lies SAFAR
    January 30th, 2011 at 14:47 | #7

Salam.
    I don’t understand the conclusion of this study Qibla is NE from North america??? (nice article by the way) It cleary states that using the rhumb line (longer distance) keeps the same bearing to mecca, and that is what is required, there is no verse or hadith saying that it should be the shortest path, but all of the verses insist on the direction (which can be achieved using the rhumb line). Using the great circle gives a shorter path indeed but the wrong direction since the starting point is a NE and the ending point is SE. Keeping NE bearing from north america will never get u to mecca. I’m a pilot and we use the great circle in our flight planning, the advantage of that is: shorter distance, save time, fuel and money but the disadvantage is that we constantly have to correct the heading to get to destination. The correct Qibla direction would rather be SE (around 100 to 110°) instead. The Rhumb line is the technique to use to have the same bearing all the way down to Kaaba.
    Wa allahou a3lam.

8. January 31st, 2011 at 20:41 | #8

Lies SAFAR :
    there is no verse or hadith saying that it should be the shortest path, but all of the verses insist on the direction (which can be achieved using the rhumb line)…

We also have no verse or hadith saying that the rhumb line should be used for Qibla direction. In the holy Quran, we are only told that “فَوَلِّ وَجْهَكَ شَطْرَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ”, meaning that “turn your face toward al-Masjid al-Haram”. If one looks at a flat map, he would take the rhumb line as the direction. But, we know that the Earth is not flat. For example, the rhumb line for a point close to the North pole would rotate around the Earth (as shown in the image below), which is way off the true direction. You can check different examples using our interactive 2D/3D map in the Documents page.

Rhumb line. From Wikipedia
    (Image from Wikipedia)

As such, to many Muslims nowadays, the true Qibla direction, if looked directly at the spherical shape of the Earth, is a direction realizing a shortest distance to Mecca. Wa Allah o A’lam.

9. March 6th, 2011 at 18:18 | #9

salam, its 30 rabul awwal in sialkot punjab, pakistan and eqibla`s app on my iphone shows 2 rab al thani. kindly correct the mistake in the application. jazakallah

10. Faisal
    March 10th, 2011 at 09:03 | #10

AOA

I have downloaded your iphone application and it is marvellous. I love the ADHANS mashAllah. On my other Iphone I downloaded again and was surprise to see that ADHAN Reciters are different in that as those which I downloaded on my first phone. I checked your application version and both are same.I uninstalled and then installed again but again surprised to know that on both iphones the ADHAN reciters are different. WOuld you please tell me why both have different ADHAN reciters????

11. Saad
    March 28th, 2011 at 13:25 | #11

Assalamualaikum,

Is there any Android version on the roadmap?

JazakAllah.

12. March 31st, 2011 at 02:04 | #12

I tried to download the Google Maps Gadget. Link didn’t work. Is there a new link? Looks like a good gadget.

13. March 31st, 2011 at 17:09 | #13

@Ray
    You are right. Google Mapplets have been deprecated by Google, and are no longer available. We removed the link from our first page.

14. March 31st, 2011 at 19:16 | #14

Mustafa :
    Assalam brother,

I don’t see a reply to this yet, will there be an Android version coming?

15. March 31st, 2011 at 20:08 | #15

@personalized wooden signs
    Brother Ali who has developed the iPhone application is now working on an Android version. It will appear soon inshaAllah.

16. April 2nd, 2011 at 13:37 | #16

@admin
    thanks for answer. It looked like a good app.

17. April 2nd, 2011 at 14:04 | #17

admin :
    @personalized wooden signs

That’s excellent news, thank you for sharing! It sounds very promising, but being on an Android I felt like I was on the outside looking it (well, I guess I was!) Look forward to joining the conversation with useful feedback when I get it on my X.

Bob

18. Ayman
    April 12th, 2011 at 16:01 | #18

I m in Beni Mellal, Morocco. we used to not add the “DST”. But recently the govrement add this DST. the probleme is that in your application is desactivated for all cities in Morocco !! Can you look for that.

Jazaka laho khayrane

19. پندار پارسی
    April 26th, 2011 at 12:07 | #19

سلام نشان مکه دقیقا وسط کعبه قرار ندارد و روی یکی از دیوار های کعبه قرار گرفته بهتر است آن را اصلاح کنید

20. Ahmed elnily
    April 29th, 2011 at 11:47 | #20

السلام عليكم
    جزاكم الله كل خير علي هذا البرنامج خير الجزاء ولكن رجاء تعدل توقيت القاهره -مصر لان التوقيت الصيفي قد الغيو التوقيت الشتوي سيظل هو المطبق باستمرار مما جعل هناك فارق ساعه زمنيه في توقيت الصلاه علي البرنامج و التوقيت الفعلي لها و لكم جزيل الشكر

21. mo
    May 13th, 2011 at 21:06 | #21

love the app, it is very useful

22. Omar Khalil
    May 14th, 2011 at 23:48 | #22

@Lies SAFAR
    Thank you for making the argument clear. Shatr in Arabic means direction, and that is where some people misunderstood for shortest distance.As for the person who commented that in the early days of Islam people did not see or know the difference, i beg to differ. We are talking about our Sahabah and Tabeen. I would not dare compare our knowledge to thiers when it pertains to the issues of the religion. To think that Muslims for hundreds of years were lost up until computers and airplanes were dicovered is out of line.

23. Amr Hussien
    May 23rd, 2011 at 08:31 | #23

Where is Mishary Adhan???

24. Amr Hussien
    May 23rd, 2011 at 08:43 | #24

I found it…. Thank u.

25. May 26th, 2011 at 14:27 | #25

I need alktami azan

26. Basim Ali Jafri
    June 8th, 2011 at 17:36 | #26

Assalam Alaykum,

I’ve been using this app for the past 6 months, and I must say, I am yet to come across a better app. The times are pretty accurate (often, the local mosque sounds the Adhan and my iPhone gives me the notification from the app at the same exact moment!) and so is the Qibla direction. Congratulations for it and JazakAllah Khayr!!

The fact that it allows for the timings of different Madh’habs is also absolutely amazing.

I would recommend a new feature to add to the app, of being able to track your Salah (so you know which ones you’ve missed). A couple of other apps have this feature, but it would be great if I could have it on this app as well. Thank you so much for it!! =)

27. Saqlain
    June 9th, 2011 at 07:01 | #27

Salam Alykom,

i love this app but now i have changed to an android phone, will this be availble for android and in that case when?

28. Hamad Al Shiddi
    June 11th, 2011 at 10:35 | #28

السلام عليم ورحمة الله وبركاته
    جزاكم الله عنا وعن الاسلام والمسلمين خير الجزاء على ما تقدمونه من جهد جبار.
    لدي طلب او اقتراح بسيط
    هو تفعيل اقامه الصلاة وكم تبقى لها من دقائق على حسب اختيار الشخص.
    ودمتم في رعاية الله

29. July 16th, 2011 at 05:48 | #29

I agree with Saqlain. This would be fantastic if it could work on the android phone as well- I have so many friends who use it and would use this app as well. One of the most useful apps I have found in a long time – thanks for creating..

30. steve
    July 17th, 2011 at 05:32 | #30

This post is great..i find its content very useful and informative..i am looking for more of this post next time i visit your site.

31. July 20th, 2011 at 06:08 | #31

@Kahlid Fituri: That’s an excellent idea you suggested (re: being able to set your phone to vibrate mode for pre-set times during prayer). I just hope they actually see the benefit such a pre-set mode would provide…and just do it.

Nell Gumby

software for dictation

32. US
    July 25th, 2011 at 17:48 | #32

I have a question
    after the direction which one is the Qibla , is it the Qaba picture or the red line ?
    please help me

33. July 25th, 2011 at 20:59 | #33

@US
    The red line shows the direction of Qibla.

34. July 29th, 2011 at 20:38 | #34

@Nell Gumby

Or you could simply turn it off before prayers & back on again after. That’s why they put an off switch on it!

35. August 6th, 2011 at 09:45 | #35

@SueEllen – or put it in flight mode? It’s easier than turning off and on again – that takes ages!

36. Hamza
    August 6th, 2011 at 12:49 | #36

Assalamualeikum

I love this app it the best prayer time app for iphone but now i have moved to Android and miss this app alot……are you planning to have this for android soon? cant find one like this for android

Jazaaka-Allah

Ramadhan Kareem

37. August 6th, 2011 at 15:40 | #37

@Hamza
    Yes.. Android version is on the way.

38. August 6th, 2011 at 18:47 | #38

e falenderoj shum kush e ka bae ket verzion per kiblen allahu e shperbleft

39. Ghulam ali
    August 16th, 2011 at 13:50 | #39

سلام عليكم برادر thank you very mutch for this site it vey helpful الله عمرى دراز بده هد

40. Ghulam ali
    August 16th, 2011 at 13:58 | #40

سلام عليكم برادر آيا ممكين است اگر در apple store در للشيع واقيت را به فارسى بسازيد با ابرازه تشكر حجره شما با امام زمان ( ع(

41. Tarek
    August 18th, 2011 at 23:08 | #41

Can anyone provide information on how to incorporate this with any website?

42. August 19th, 2011 at 02:39 | #42

@Tarek
    You can get the embedding code from http://eqibla.com/share/embed/

43. August 21st, 2011 at 01:37 | #43

“I used your iphone application.But I remove despite from my phone this app. still messages are coming.
    Could you stop the masseges .”

I am kind of having the same issue. Uninstalled fully but still getting these messages. Any advice?

Leslie Fuller
    New York, NY

Adminitrative Manager

My Blog On Technology: wireless speakers

44. Ali
    August 21st, 2011 at 05:20 | #44

@Leslie

This was a bug in iOS 4.0 which was fixed in later release.

45. August 22nd, 2011 at 20:32 | #45

This is a useful app for iPhone, I see there wasn’t a reply on the android release?

46. Ilhan
    August 24th, 2011 at 21:29 | #46

I have, with greate pleassure, installed the iphone app but unfortunately all qibla directions stayed the same of 126 degree to southeast. Why does it not change? I have tried to use the app in Cologne, Germany; Brussels, Belgium; and in Paris, France. Thanks

47. Nawal
    September 4th, 2011 at 00:42 | #47

I would really appreciate it if you could put back the MuAdins from a couple of months ago. I really don’t like the quality of Athan choices now. Jazakallah

48. Nawal
    September 4th, 2011 at 00:56 | #48

Jazakallah for re-inputting the Muathin that I absolutely love so quickly. I’m so happy. You don’t know how much my soul loves to hear the Athan in the everyday crazy busy life I live. Jazakallah kairun again. Sallam

49. mimoun
    September 4th, 2011 at 07:33 | #49

salam alikoum, Jazakallah kairun akhi, but there is a small bug, when I change the hours of prayer, I close and open the application, but it does not store the changes. wabarak allaho fika. Salam

50. Jamil Abo Youssef
    September 4th, 2011 at 11:56 | #50

Jazzak Allah Alef Khair.

How can I set the Azan to play automatically without having to press “view” every time which defeats the purpose in away?

Comment pages