iPhone Application

Qibla Direction iPhone Application

alQibla iPhone App

The “alQibla” iPhone application enables you to precisely determine the direction of qibla in any location using iPhone’s built-in GPS or the search map feature provided in the application. You can also get Prayer Times for your location in several calculation methods.

Product Info

Requirements

• iPhone or iPod Touch, OS 3.0+
    (OS 4.0 is required for prayer times alerts)
  • A WiFi or 3G network to load the map

How to use Search?

Search can use the following formats:

1. Full address or Zip code (example: NJ 08544)
  2. Cities, states, and continents (examples: France, Tehran)
  3. Famous places (example: Masjid Ul Haram)
  4. Coordinates (example: +38 34′ 24″, -80 32′ 57″)
  1. HM
    July 25th, 2009 at 08:21 | #1

Please add the ability to locate the Qibla relative to the position of the sun and it’s shadow.

2. August 2nd, 2009 at 03:18 | #2

Salam HM,

There’s a free app “iKabe” that allows you to calculate Qibla relative to the position of sun

3. August 5th, 2009 at 06:26 | #3

i am in dubai i download this softeware for my iphone but this not correct i try in mosk there are also wrong direction can you help me
    cmkutty

4. August 7th, 2009 at 07:55 | #4

Salam cmkutty,
    I’ve checked it with eQibla.com and if your app shows 258 N on the app then the direction is correct unless youre using some traditional or other methods

5. January 9th, 2010 at 15:07 | #5

Great app for the iPhone, thanks.

6. Mahdi
    January 25th, 2010 at 03:15 | #6

Salam,

Thanks for your iPhone App. Can you add the ability of showing Qibla using built-in Compass in iPhone 3GS? It would be great.

Thanks,

7. January 26th, 2010 at 21:12 | #7

Ws Mahdi

we have already added a compass to the app Inshallah we will update the app on the store asap

8. Mohammad Izharul Haque Mikrani
    February 3rd, 2010 at 08:32 | #8

This is indeed a great job. Regards,

9. Yahoouj
    February 22nd, 2010 at 19:42 | #9

Really good work about this website was done. Keep trying more – thanks!

10. February 22nd, 2010 at 19:59 | #10

ASLAM alekhum I love this app it’s is one off the best app on my phone brothers may allhaa bless you with all the hard work you put in this app ihope god give you the reword in ahare ameen only one thing is missing prayer anthem and I am sure you will up date that soon thanks four the up date this time I love it love it beauteyfull

11. Malik Jamshed
    February 22nd, 2010 at 21:27 | #11

Dear Sir,
    When I update this software it says that error in finding city, I am from Karachi, Pakistan please correct this problem and oblidge.
    Best regards

12. Khan Sarwar
    February 23rd, 2010 at 12:53 | #12

Asslamo alaycom Brothers,
    eQibla is a great job! May Allah bless you all and grant you the shifaat of Rasool Allah pbuh.
    Your brother
    Khan Sarwar Italy

13. Quttami
    February 23rd, 2010 at 15:22 | #13

Great app especially after the recent update
    great job and I wish you all the luck
    one comment, if there is some different between the exact qibla I think there is 10+\- degree in the built in compass
    in the iPhone 3GS error
    but the app is great I like it

14. Hassan
    February 24th, 2010 at 04:05 | #14

Assalam Alikum
    great applications but I have a traditional Qibla compass and it differs from this application.
    Also can you please consider magnetics versus geographic compass direction?
    Jazzakum Allah Khairan
    Assalam Alikum

15. February 24th, 2010 at 22:24 | #15

@Malik and Sajid

Work is in progress to include a search location facility. This will allow you to search for a city and select it, if your iPhoen doesn’t return any location. We are also working on push notifications and adding adhaan to the app.

@Quttami and @Hassan
    Please try recalibrating your device before you find the qibla direction to Mecca. and alos match the Qibla angle by rotating the compass on a flat horizontal surface. The next version will give you options to select between True North and Magnetic North compass

16. Nadeem Sheikh
    February 25th, 2010 at 15:50 | #16

The new version is great but having a problem in prayer timings. It detected my location as Ad Dammam, Saudi Arabia but after selecting the Umm Al-Qura calculation method it is giving the wrong timing. For ewample, it gives the Isha time at 6:40pm whereas the actual timing is 7:09pm. I think you need to address this problem.

You need to add the compass in it also as no body carries the compass to find the North first then the Qibla direction.

17. February 25th, 2010 at 21:34 | #17

Salamalaikum Nadeem,

A fix is already on it way and should appear on the app store as an update within 24 hours.

Thanks for letting us know.

18. February 25th, 2010 at 21:37 | #18

Salamalaikum Nadeem,
    Thanks for letting us know and for the compass, iPhone 3G hasn’t got any magnetometer (compass) hardware, the compass provided by the app is built for the iPhone 3Gs. While it still shows qibla direction you should know the direction to true north.

19. Amir khan
    February 26th, 2010 at 10:50 | #19

cmkutty

20. M.H.
    February 26th, 2010 at 16:13 | #20

Please consider adding the direction of the sun for those of us without a compass.
    Peace be upon you.

21. Mushreg
    February 27th, 2010 at 00:42 | #21

After the recent updata, I’m unable to change the location. It always gives null null

22. February 27th, 2010 at 10:02 | #22

السلام عليكم
    الأخوة الاعزاء نشكركم على اضافة اوقات الصلاة في برنامج القبلة
    ولكن التاريخ يوجد به خطأ( نقصان يوم)
    تركوا منكم تعديله افضل من زيادة ايام من داخل البرنامج

23. Awdhil
    February 27th, 2010 at 19:38 | #23

Salaams. Jazakallah for this wonderful app. The update to the qibla finder is very useful. Could you also include the option of azaan at the prescribed times

24. Prince Qatar
    March 2nd, 2010 at 14:12 | #24

The app is usefull jhzak allh khair & thanks for update

25. فيصل
    March 3rd, 2010 at 07:08 | #25

لاحظت بعض المساجد فيها ميلان بسيط وبعضها. مائلها جدًا عن القبله
    واشكر القائمين على البرنامج

26. Mehmet
    March 3rd, 2010 at 17:03 | #26

Versiyon turkish launge :( please. Turkish launge!!!

27. Mian Qasim shah
    March 13th, 2010 at 03:44 | #27

Dear Brother,
    Asalam -u- Alakum

28. وائل السامرائي
    March 13th, 2010 at 06:19 | #28

السلام عليكم
    أنا استخدم البرنامج في العراق لكن لم تعمل لدي خدمة تحديد المواقع جيدا فهل تعتمد على الأقمار الصناعيه ام على. مزود للخدمه المحلي؟
    وطبعا هنالك فرق في توقيت الصلاة بفارق من٤-٦دقائق
    وهذه نسبه كبيره بالاضافه الى ان البوصله لاتعمل
    شكرًا على البرنامج واتمنى لو يعمل بشكل كامل وجيد في العراق

29. Abu nawaf
    March 13th, 2010 at 08:14 | #29

Aselam alikm
    it is great app you add to your Muslim brother all around the world
    one comment I just update it however changinge location or intering coordanite are not working good
    also pls add adan prayer notifacation
    jzalm Allah alf khair

30. Sabir diaab
    March 13th, 2010 at 11:27 | #30

My times for prayer are not Dearborn,mi times displayed but everything seems to be correct . Are the times diplayed prayer times for Mecca? Please advise

31. March 16th, 2010 at 03:54 | #31

As salaam Alaikum

@Mehmet
    Inshallah I’ll try to include different languages maybe in the future

@Mian
    iPod/iPhone 3G hasn’t got the compass hardware, the compass works with iPhone 3Gs

@وائل السامرائي

الرجاء تحديث إلى الإصدار الأحدث على النحو الذي أحرزناه في صلاح مرات أكثر دقة. يرجى إعلامنا إذا كنت تواجه أي مشاكل أكثر.

32. March 16th, 2010 at 03:56 | #32

@Abu
    Next release will have push notifications and adhaan inshallah

@Sabir
    Could you please search your location manually using Settings>Change Location>Search for location tab. I have updated the app please make sure you have the latest version.

33. Muhammad Qasim
    March 19th, 2010 at 17:04 | #33

Salam brother,
    i want to thank you for such a useful application, since you have added prayer timing, its simply brilliant, but Qibla direction silightly different than the mosque qibla direction some 30′, can u suggest some solution for that please? Thanks again

34. March 21st, 2010 at 22:17 | #34

Ws Qasim,

We recommend following the Map as opposed to a compass. While the compass shows you the correct direction it also needs correct calibration, please tap on the “i” button in the compass tab for information on how to get the right calibration.

35. Toto
    March 29th, 2010 at 07:38 | #35

It’s good application however after latest update in my iPhone, it shows the wrong time for praying. I am in GMT+8, but the time show GMT.

36. مصطفي من فرنسا
    March 29th, 2010 at 11:53 | #36

السلام عليكم أنا مقيم في فرنسا و أواجه مشكله في ما يخص التوقيت ج م ت كما تعلامون في فرنسا يتم زيادة ساعة في شهر مارس و ذالك يترتب عليه تغيير اوقات الصلاة وهدا لم يتم أخده في الحسبان في برنامج الايفون

37. Billel
    April 12th, 2010 at 15:57 | #37

Salemalikou merci les frères et sœurs pour cette belle aplication qui nous guides dans le sens de ladoration de notre Allah bon continuation inchallah

38. Benkhaled Saad
    April 16th, 2010 at 04:35 | #38

Salam walikoum. Je suis en France et j’utilise l’application. Je la trouve très réussie mais je souhaite vous proposer un developpement additionnel ou supplémentaire. En effet, il serait judicieux et utile que l’application comporte l’option de l’appel a la prière vocal. Ainsi, puisque nous avons l’heure il faut juste un déclenchement vocal avec un choix de voix a choisir. Je suis persuade que cela est possible techniquement. A bientôt inch’Allah. Mon numéro est le 0616863212. Salam walikoum

39. Qeiser
    April 19th, 2010 at 12:09 | #39

Assalamualaikum,thank u so much I from singapore it much better wif tis application it been great n usefull thank u once again

40. Jaber
    April 21st, 2010 at 03:17 | #40

i am in USA, Phalidephia,PC, i download this softeware for my iphone but this not correct ithere are also wrong direction can you help me ?
    Thanks.

41. Rawnaq
    April 24th, 2010 at 07:53 | #41

aslamualaikum, i have an iphone 3GS and i added this application do i need the wireless for the compass to work

42. Afzal Malik
    April 26th, 2010 at 05:51 | #42

aslamualaikum, I have an iphone 3g and added this application, it’s working fine on the map but when you have it on compass it is directing me to same direction no matter which way i turn my face to. I can not any more settings so don’t know what to do. Can you please help me?
    Jazakallah

43. Moneer
    May 2nd, 2010 at 14:02 | #43

انا مستخدم البرنامج في ليبيا ولكن هناك فرق في الوقت ارجو منكم كيفية التعديل في الاوقات وشكرا

44. May 5th, 2010 at 16:34 | #44

إراديا الوقت

45. May 12th, 2010 at 15:09 | #45

This is a great app.bt after upgrading it from d apps store,the compass dont seem to move n function properly.before upgrading,the compass will rotate n vibrate when the direction of the qibla is correct.but now,it doesnt seem to function like it used to.can something be done to make it function greatly as before?cause i really like this apps.thank you.

46. Nazim Younis
    May 12th, 2010 at 17:23 | #46

Salaam,

Sine the update 2.4.2 my compass has stopped working, it no longer
    vibrates… Or finds the direction to Qiblah… the mini compass works
    fine

I have a iphone 3GS

I have remove and reinstalled… This has made no difference

I really rely on this app, i would appreciate ur assistance in helping
    me to get this working again or provide me a link for previous version

Thanks in advance

Jazakallah khair Brs, you are doing a great job

Looking forward to hearing from me very soon

47. Mustafa Kraimish
    May 12th, 2010 at 19:18 | #47

To begin with I thank you and thank everyone who’d helped in making and developping this usefull application. However, I’ve little comment on your latest update, in which it seems to froze the compass for good. Hope to fix it soon,,,
    May God Bless You All
    Sallam Alicom

48. Ali
    May 12th, 2010 at 21:03 | #48

Salam brothers,
    Sorry for the inconvinience, the new update should appear shortly within a week. Inshallah

thanks

49. imran
    May 13th, 2010 at 06:39 | #49

in new version of al-qibla compass is not working

50. Hamad
    May 14th, 2010 at 05:24 | #50

Salam alykom,

compass is not working in the new update for me too.

Jazakom Allah khair.