iPhone Application

Qibla Direction iPhone Application

alQibla iPhone App

The “alQibla” iPhone application enables you to precisely determine the direction of qibla in any location using iPhone’s built-in GPS or the search map feature provided in the application. You can also get Prayer Times for your location in several calculation methods.

Product Info

Requirements

• iPhone or iPod Touch, OS 3.0+
    (OS 4.0 is required for prayer times alerts)
  • A WiFi or 3G network to load the map

How to use Search?

Search can use the following formats:

1. Full address or Zip code (example: NJ 08544)
  2. Cities, states, and continents (examples: France, Tehran)
  3. Famous places (example: Masjid Ul Haram)
  4. Coordinates (example: +38 34′ 24″, -80 32′ 57″)
  1. Ali
    July 11th, 2010 at 06:56 | #1

Hi Ghassan

That’s a bug in iOS 4 most probably.

Regards

2. Ghassan
    July 12th, 2010 at 04:29 | #2

Hi Ali,

Thanks for the quick reply. Any ideas on how to fix it?

@Ali

3. July 12th, 2010 at 23:13 | #3

Apple is working on it and will release a fix in their next version of the OS.

4. Salam HUSSAIN
    July 16th, 2010 at 23:46 | #4

Dear brother
    Is it possible to extend the audio notification to include full azan instead of the 30 second max!!

5. Ali
    July 17th, 2010 at 02:14 | #5

Apple restricts playing audio in notifications to 30 secs

6. yao
    July 20th, 2010 at 22:50 | #6

very good application. pity it’s missing the alarm beep sound

7. سليمان عبدالله
    July 26th, 2010 at 11:04 | #7

السلام عليكم

جزاكم الله خيرا
    البرنامج رائع جدا

أرجو منكم تعريب البرنامج

شكرا لكم

8. Bahi
    August 4th, 2010 at 17:32 | #8

Salam alikom. J’habite en France et j’ai beaucoup du mal a régler les horaires de la prière, jazakom allah une traduction en arabe sera la bien venue pour nous faciliter l’application. Votre programme est bien complé et nous aide beaucoup merci encore

9. Jidine
    August 8th, 2010 at 07:57 | #9

Time for solah (pray) that set in this software is different with my country eventhough I already select the place. How can I set the time for prayer same with my country Malaysia. Tq.

10. August 8th, 2010 at 20:56 | #10

Salamalaikum

Please confirm calculation method with your local masjid.

Thanks

11. Sajjad khan
    August 10th, 2010 at 03:52 | #11

Brother I have 4.1 os and I need this application to work on it as their is no notification of audio

12. Mochamad
    August 10th, 2010 at 04:24 | #12

Good app. I work in remote area and it detect the location while other app does not provide the location. May Allah bless you

13. Mhd Iskandar
    August 10th, 2010 at 18:39 | #13

aslamualaikum. Excellent app. Slick and professional. Very respectable effort. I do have one question: must I leave the app open to receive notifications?

14. August 12th, 2010 at 21:25 | #14

Salam

This feature has been included in the next release of alQibla. Inshallah it will appear on app store in a week.

Thanks

15. Muhammad aftab
    August 13th, 2010 at 01:18 | #15

salam, thanks a lot for this awesome application. i have an idea to make it able to notify with full athan, if you want my help please contact me at given email address i will be more than happy to share this idea with you. this idea will really work, at least you can try that if there is nothing else.

16. Muhammad aftab
    August 13th, 2010 at 01:30 | #16

@Ali
    i have an idea to use more than 30 seconds

17. August 13th, 2010 at 04:40 | #17

Ws @Aftab

I’ve done an implementation for the next release which has already been sent to the App Store review process, Inshallah it shall appear on the app store within a week. Please let me know if the idea is good enough.

Thanks

18. Muhammad aftab
    August 13th, 2010 at 06:03 | #18

thanks ali brother, i will update it and will check i think your implementation would be more greater than my idea, if you need my help please let me know Insha Allah i will help you in all

thanks a lot for your efforts

19. Muhammad Aftab
    August 18th, 2010 at 04:30 | #19

Salam ali bhai, i have checked the new update but it requires to open app for full athan, my idea was that split one athan into parts of 30 seconds and instead of one alarm there must be many alarms after each 30 seconds and instead of alarm tone every alarm must have different spitted athan, may be this would help you

20. Yousif
    August 18th, 2010 at 05:55 | #20

Brother,

If possible to redesign the icon to be more profissional with keeping the kaaba as well.

Thanks

21. ميهوبي أسما عيل
    August 18th, 2010 at 09:33 | #21

السلام عليكم
    جزاكم الله خيرا
    على هذ
    شكرا لكم

22. August 18th, 2010 at 09:53 | #22

السلام عليكم بالنسبة للبرنامج اراه مفيد للأخوة المسلمين جزاكم اللهخيرا ويا حبذا لو تعربوا البرنامج الى اللغة الام لغتنا العربية الجميلة غ

23. August 18th, 2010 at 09:55 | #23

وفقكم الله تعالى الى كل خير

24. نصـــ البحــري ـــــر
    August 18th, 2010 at 10:02 | #24

Thank you ali for making it free. Everytime someone got reminded to pray Hassnat will be credited to your account انشالله keep up the good work. Peace

25. Ali
    August 18th, 2010 at 10:34 | #25

@Aftab

Apple restricts the number of registered notifications per app to 64. Sadly

26. Muhammad Aftab
    August 18th, 2010 at 11:53 | #26

Ali brother i know apple has a restriction on number of local notification but i think if am athan have almost say for example 10 parts then 5 athan would have 50 parts in total for one day. and what about, whenever a notification would play if it automatically be remove from the notification list and the next come in list. means same like a cycle if Fajar athan has been played then remaining 4 would have 40 notifications in total and fajar or next day would include in the list of notification. hope this works and make sens

27. August 18th, 2010 at 16:37 | #27

It’s a good idea but it comes at a cost of sacrificing processor, memory and disk usage time for the user which is not a nice thing to do. As you may notice when you change the Calculation Method or tune your timings, if your device is a 3G, 3Gs you will notice a freeze when you exit the application, this may last up to 10 secs. This is when the application is registering for notifications. If I register notifications for full athan like you said then I run the risk of losing notifications for other days. Let’s say for instance, I do not open up the app until 3 days from today, then I won’t get any notifications because the Athan has taken up all of them.

28. Ahmed essam
    August 18th, 2010 at 19:17 | #28

البرنامج رائع جزاكم اللة كل خير واكثر من أمثالكم

29. Abadil
    August 19th, 2010 at 20:25 | #29

السلام عليكم
    البرنامج يعمل بدون اي مشاكل تذكر.
    وتشكرون على هذا العمل جعله الله في ميزان حسناتكم

30. karim
    August 20th, 2010 at 06:31 | #30

hi guys am facing a problem hope if anyone can help me to solve it i’ve deleted the alQibla app. from my i phone and also from the iTunes but something wrong happening i still receive notifications for prayer times and i wish to stop that cause it’s even don’t appear on the correct time.

31. Abdulsalam
    August 20th, 2010 at 06:49 | #31

Hi
    The prayer time tuner is not working well

32. Mac Fan 1982
    August 21st, 2010 at 07:32 | #32

I downloaded this app from app store and after a while i deleted it like any other app

and after deleted it this app it keeps send me msgs reminds me time of prayer so please tell me why this is

happing and how to get rid this problem .. i will send an email to apple store telling them about this problem

Best Regards

33. August 21st, 2010 at 08:02 | #33

@Karim @Mac fan

This is a system level bug in the iOS 4, restarting your device might help.

Regards

34. Ali
    August 21st, 2010 at 12:21 | #34

@Abdulsalam

It will be fixed in the next release.

35. Sarwat el meligy
    August 23rd, 2010 at 18:31 | #35

Dear Hussien
    when I tried to download last program update from app store it hunger up giving waiting & instaallation was not completeed for 2 days now. O am unable to stop or cancel it in order to redown load it. CAn u elp me in this regard.
    Thanks in advance

36. August 24th, 2010 at 15:19 | #36

@Sarwat

Can you restart your phone and try. This error is not related to the app.

Thanks

37. iPhone 4
    August 24th, 2010 at 22:13 | #37

What’s the problem after i delete the app “al qibla” the prayer notificaton don’t stop how to DISABLE That. (in IPHONE 4 OS4.0.1)

38. August 25th, 2010 at 04:17 | #38

@iPhone 4

Apple is the bad guy here. Rebooting the device might be a solution.

Thanks

39. Faisal
    August 26th, 2010 at 09:41 | #39

Salaam,
    Very happy with the app and may Allah give all the rewards to brothers who created it for us all.
    I’m recently having problems loading this app. I got a message that app needs update as it’s about to expire or something. I’ve tried to update, don’t know how to do it.

Now it’s not even running when I click icon.

Pls help me

40. August 26th, 2010 at 18:57 | #40

ظهرت لدي مشكلة من فترة أسبوع واحد

وهي أن البرنامج لا يفتح

أنما يعلق على الصفحة الأولى منه
    وهي صورة النافذة مع جملة بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

أتمنى أن يقيدني أحد

41. Yousif
    August 28th, 2010 at 03:40 | #41

I deleted it but still gives me notifications why?

42. Ali
    August 28th, 2010 at 16:35 | #42

It’s a known issue in the Apple iOS 4

43. Abdul
    August 30th, 2010 at 14:08 | #43

Thanks for making this important app available for free but lately it’s stop loading on my iPhone 3GS. Please help

44. Ejaazi
    August 30th, 2010 at 19:08 | #44

When the phone is on and the alert goes off the pop up window gives you the option to close out the screen or view. When I push view I get a blank screen. Even if I wait nothing happens. Can this be fixed? Other than that it’s a great app!

45. Ali
    August 30th, 2010 at 19:44 | #45

@Abdul, Ejaazi

A quick restart to your phone might help. Please let me know if it still doesn’t solve it.

Thanks

46. محمد بن عبد الله
    August 31st, 2010 at 00:00 | #46

برنامج رائع ومن افضل البرامج في دقة مواقيت الصلوات
    ولاكن ينقصه عدة امور:
    ان يكون واجهة البرنامج والخلفية افضل من ذلك
    ان يضاف اليه اشعار بالصوت رنه قصيره جدا مثل برنامج ipray pro
    ان يزال المذهب الجعفري الشيعي لانه لايمد بالمسلمين باي صلة
    وجزاكم الف خير على البرنامج المجاني ولكم في الثواب إن شاء الله.

47. Tab
    August 31st, 2010 at 04:07 | #47

Salaam,

Lately the App stopped working, I think after the update. The App starts and hangs on the first page for ages. I have a 3G iPhone.

48. August 31st, 2010 at 23:03 | #48

Ws

We had this problem for ver. 3.2 but now it’s fixed for 3.2.1.

After you’ve installed the new version if the problem persists please let us know.

Thanks

49. Karim
    August 31st, 2010 at 23:07 | #49

Salam
    Félicitation pour cette application et votre effort.
    Je tiens à signaler, que j’avais le même problème de lancement d’application et l’écran reste figé sur la première page avec la description la image illa Allah. J’ai fait comme mentionné plus haut, un simple restaure de l’iPhone (éteindre et rallumé son iPhone) et l’application s’est bien relancé. Encore une fois un grand Merci

50. Karim
    August 31st, 2010 at 23:09 | #50

Une petite erreur de frappe : la illaha illa allah et non la image.

Comment pages